CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome

I have another blog. I wanted it to be about my family. I didn't want it to be about me losing the extra weight that I have. I didn't want it to be about my struggle to get healthy. I wanted it to be about my kids. My family. The fun times. The hard times. The things I want them to remember. I want to print my other blog into a book at some point in time so that my boys can have it to read. I don't scrapbook. So, welcome to the blog where I can talk about my struggle. I can share my food tracker. And I don't have to feel like I am neglecting my kids.
I started back to Weight Watchers at the very end of December of 2008. I had to do something. I am one of those people that will gain weight just looking at it. Seriously. When I tell people my weight (everyday conversation right?) they seem to be surprised. Maybe they are just being polite. I could look at myself in the mirror and see the extra weight, but I had a hard time seeing that I was up to 171.8 pounds. There it is. I admit it. I did Weight Watchers before, after I got married. I lost 15 pounds and looked dynamite, if I do say so myself. Then I got pregnant. I had the weight almost all gone...5 pounds maybe were left on my body...when I got pregnant again. After 13 months, the weight was gone again. Just in time to go on a cruise. I haven't had it off since! Cruising is evil!
So here I am, after having comes to terms with some on my eating "issues" and given up dieting. I don't eat diet food. I don't think it is good for you. I try to stay away from "junk" but I am practical too.
Since restarting WW I have lost 13.8 pounds. That is right folks...almost 14 pounds. I still have another 13 to go, but I am over the hump!
I thought that if I blogged about it, that might help. Who knows who will read it, but I hope to stay with this...I have a tendency to not follow through on things!
I turn 33 in early August and my goal is to be at 145 pounds, which is a really healthy weight for me...5'5" and medium frame with a little bit of muscle. That means about a pound a week.
I am walking a 5K in June with a friend.
I am trying to work 3 to 5 days a week. 3 days at the gym doing cardio and some weights. 1 or 2 days at home doing yoga. This is a challenge since I have an almost 6 year old and a 4 year old, both of which I home school. But, I do this for them. I do this for my husband. I do this for me.
Health is my prayer. It is also my prayer that my kids NEVER have to go through this struggle. That they can eat healthy most of the time, be active and not obsessive about what they eat. So far, they do great. I could learn a lot from them!
So, join me...won't you?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Good for you Nan!!! 13 to go - that's great!! Hang in there, keep blogin' - I'm reading and being inspired - since I'm not doing so great at this right now either! Love you girl! Wish you guys where closer!