CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Weigh In and Progress

Well, I was up 0.2 pounds today. But that is OK. If I had to gain, that is what I want to gain right? I am focusing on the positive...that I have made some changes and choices that will last. For example: we have had two containers of ice cream in our house for a whole week now (normally, it would make it that long); I threw away half a bag of chips because I wasn't able to control my eating of them. That is progress my friends!
Also, my husband is awesome! I was feeling defeated yesterday, and after talking with a good friend, I talked to my hubby. He encouraged me not to quit, reminding me of how far I had come. He then challenged me to try on an old dress....a dress I wore on our honeymoon, almost 8 years ago. Amazingly, it fit and he told me I looked hot! I was about 15 pounds lighter back then, and a little tanner. But somehow, with a different shaped body thanks to my two boys, it fit! I felt so good and it was the resolve that I needed to finish what I have started.
I heard a song on the radio on the way to my meeting...Healing Rain. I felt like God was telling me that healing is here waiting to be taken, claimed. So, let the healing rain come and wash me clean and free from the bondage of food! I claim it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on the dress.

Holly said...

Hang in their girl!!! You can do it! I so wish we could get together, I bet you do look HOT!! Thanks for the update!